- Posted by Janine
- | 15/11/2015
As the year draws to a close, naturally we start to move into a reflection and planning mode. What have you learnt this year and where would you like to be next year? We've rounded up a selection of New Year's well-being resolutions from our wonderful team here at Escape Haven that we'd love to share with you.
1. Exercise: It makes you motivated and releases endorphins which can imrpove your mood. Even 15 minutes of morning exercise or getting out at lunch can make all the difference to your day and importantly, your perspective.
2. It's OK to not be OK: stop trying to put on a face if you are not feeling OK. Ask for help, include others in how you feel. Friends shoulders are there for a reason.
3. Appreciate the simple things: treasuring life's smaller moments of joy. Take gratitdue in the beauty around you. Soon that is all you will see.
4. Make time to have fun. Everyday. Take time away from work/study and play.
5. Focus on the things you can change instead of the things you can't.
6. Enjoy technology free time - stay present. Have 'switch off' times of the day when you put your phone/computer in another room. Commit to not checking your phone upon waking and look at some of those apps that can stay on your computer vs your phone to allow more 'digital detox time' eg. facebook perhaps?
7. Meditate everyday: quieten your inner-chatter, reflect and re-focus. Start small, even 5 minutes a day in the morning when your mind is fresh can set your day up to flow beautifully.
8. Do something everyday to challenge yourself - however small this is.
9. Take care of yourself - treat yourself to a massage, breakfast in bed, wholesome food. Self care should be another important daily goal no matter how small it may be.
10. Reconnect with nature: make time to go for a walk outside and to breath and connect. It's wonderful what perspective nature can bring realising how small we are compared to mother nature herself and how things that may worry us or keep that monkey mind busy are nowhere near as significant as we may have thought. Nature is humbling.
As the countdown approaches to new mum hood (2 days to be exact) I've been reflecting on how...
We'd love to transport you back to a dreamy poolside afternoon post yoga, lunch and perhaps a spa...
As the year draws to a close, naturally we start to move into a reflection and planning mode. What...
We were recently joined by 11 gourgeous ladies from Australia, New Zealand, and US in Byron Bay...
Hear from 3 of our guests on their experiences last week on retreat where they pushed their limits and...